Friday, January 1, 2016

靜思語 中英對照 (證嚴法師) 71-80

71.做事踏實,心就穩;心穩,路就穩。
When we are, honest and grounded, in what we do, our mind will be stable; then we can walk, steadily on life’s path, and our path will be, less bumpy.

72.凡事對機即是好。
The best medicine is, that which can treat, the conditions at hand.

73.人生的價值在於功能而不是形象,形象沒有價值。
The value of our life, lies in what we offer, and contribute, rather than, having a good image. Image itself, has little lasting value.

74.做好事,不在於一定做多少,應該做的就要做。
The key to doing good, is not the amount done, but doing, whatever should be done.

75.增一分感恩心,即減一分猜疑心。
With more gratitude, we will have, fewer misgivings.

76.對別人不要計較,對自己要好好檢討。
Be forgiving, and less critical of others, but be strict, and objective, in examining ourselves.

77.人生最踏實的事,是今日此時有多少力量就儘快付出。
Our life, is most grounded, when we are contributing, whatever we can, at each, and every opportunity.

78.不能低頭的人,是因為一再回顧過去的成就。
People who are preoccupied, with past achievements, cannot humble themselves.

79.每天都是一本書,所遇到的每個人,都是一篇文章。
Every day is like the unfolding of a book, each person, a lively essay.

80.勇氣不可失,信心不可無,世間沒有不能與無能的事,只怕──不肯。
Never lose courage. Never lose faith. Nothing in this world is impossible when you are determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive